2026 Little House Sew-Along Flimsy
Last minute and still-in-progress, but I just had to jump on the linkup to give Melva props for this fun Little House sew-along! It has been an enjoyable and companionable experience with a great theme - the Little House on the Prairie books. Melva shared excerpts from the books as each block was presented. I know she gets joy from doing these events, but it is still a lot of work, and I truly appreciate it, so thank you Melva!
I chose this layout because I can see two "crosses". Can you see them?
In the photo, I overlaid the white cross with dark pink lines and the darker cross
with white lines to emphasize the cross shapes
The flimsy measures 48" x 48". Additional blocks and/or borders are possibilities for this it as I am still deciding how big I want it. I loved all the blocks, so I wouldn't mind making more and adding the log cabin frame, and I have plenty of the Indigo Garden jelly roll left!
Go to this link at Melva's blog to see the finishes of other participants in the Sew-along!
Such cute prints and blocks, Linda! I can see the two crosses. I think you need a third cross for the one in the middle!
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the crosses until I read and saw your guide lines for them. Very cute indeed.
ReplyDeleteOh Sew Fun!! I am glad you joined in - looks like you have enjoyed yourself! and the crosses is a great way to lay them out
ReplyDeletethat looks like a fun one to make. I skipped it - had too many going on and too much other stuff lol
ReplyDeleteI like that layout, Linda! One section focuses on the lights and one focuses on the darks - that's really pretty. I keep looking back at your blocks to enjoy the sweet colors and prints, too - just love them. I can see why you might want to make more!
ReplyDeleteLovely! Thanks for sharing in the final party.
ReplyDeleteYes, I see the crosses! Very cool. The blocks are very nice too.
ReplyDeleteLove how you have emphasised the crosses, it's a great flimsy so far. xx
ReplyDeleteThose blocks are pretty in those fabrics and colors!
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, your quilt top is gorgeous. The cross layout is perfect and I love how you fussy cut the square for the Prairie Rose block. The fabrics are so cheerful. I look forward to seeing where you go from here. I am considering making mine larger too. Have a wonderful day and stay cool. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! It's been fun to see all the variations of this quilt top. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to do with this one next.
ReplyDeleteLittle House on the Prairie is coming along nicely. Love the fussy cut squares. Easy enough to go bigger with Half square triangles or log cabins....without the fussy center. You will figure out something, I am sure.
ReplyDeleteI love Log Cabin blocks and love the ones with fancy centers, like you have here. Great job on all these fun blocks -- it will be a well-loved quilt!
ReplyDeleteIt turned out so pretty! I have saved the patterns and might get around to making it one day... I hope! xx
ReplyDelete