Social Media Icons

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Barbie Coin Quilt Flimsy

 
The Barbie Coin quilt is a flimsy! After sewing the strips into sets I realized the finished quilt would not be wide enough, so I added one more coins column, intermittent sashing, and a border. The dimensions are 75" x 84", and it should fit Laney's bed nicely. This quilt is based on the beautifully designed Rosie Coin Quilt by Rachel Hauser at Stitched in Color. I added a few stars to my version.

This was the tentative layout prior to sewing strips together

I will repurpose a backing originally created for another project!

Laney and Everett visited in June and made patriotic pillows! Before they arrived, I took the Barbie quilt off the design wall, labeled each column numerically, and stacked them on a shelf in my closet. Laney walked straight into the closet, spotted the stack, and immediately recognized that it was hers - love that child!

I am linking with:
Melva's Sew and Tell

Post a Comment

If you are showing as Anonymous, please leave an email address in your comment so I can thank you!